This job is for you if you're an analytical thinker, who is looking to make an impact in a company - and an industry - where you'll truly make a difference. Strategy Analysts are critical thinkers who conceptualize and structure problems, perform numerical analysis and extract key insights that underpin our recommendations and solutions for our clients. As an analyst you will be working alongside industry experts and gain invaluable on-the-job experience. You'll also have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that make you the ideal team player. The nature of the role means that analysts may travel, so you'll need to be ready to move across the Region, our Headquarters in Germany and potentially in other locations where needed.
Here's what an ordinary day could look like.
Strategy Analysts will typically perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Work in a project module with support and guidance from senior team members
- Execute on pillar workplans and deliver on key analysis and projects, including multiple types of market analysis, competitive analysis, internal financial analysis, financial modeling, and scenario planning
- Assess and drive high-quality execution of our Regional strategy updating appropriate KPIs and providing an adequate and accurate reporting for the Management team
- Facilitate in producing reliable and accurate research for market analysis and positioning
- Conduct analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Create appropriate and accurate deliverables (ppt presentations, xls analysis and tables, word documents, …) as output of the assigned tasks and support the management meetings
- Help facilitate discussions within project teams
- Supports senior team members in the development of intellectual capital
- Master degree in a related subject – e.g. Finance, Economics, etc.
- General understanding of the key business and financial drivers that determine the company’s success
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including presentations) as well as listening and interpretation skills
- Advanced aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- High energy and results oriented
- Exposure to a wide range of data and analytical concepts and methodologies, including:
- Market sizing
- Competitive analysis
- Customer needs analysis / primary research
- Financial modeling and valuation
- Portfolio review (e.g. where to invest, where to divest)
- Forecasting / econometrics
- Experience in a professional services firm would be an asset
- Flexibility is needed in order to connect and work with others given that we are a multinational company and often work across time zones and across national borders and language lines.
- Some overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- (minimal) Travel may be required